kitchen • Courmayeur, Italy • november 2022 - march 2023
Who we are
The Super G of Courmayeur is the first Italian Mountain Club in the Italian Alps, where haute cuisine, shows and entertainment come together to create and transmit unique and inimitable sensations.
It is the most awaited for après-ski of the winter season, the daylight entertainment par excellence, the restaurant on the slopes with an exceptional gastronomic offer signed by the starred Chef Andrea Berton, a boutique hotel with 8 rooms and a wellness and gym area for lovers of relaxation at high altitude.
All this at 1700 meters, at the foot of the “Bel Gigante”, Beautiful Giant: the Mont Blanc.
We are the stage of the Italian Alps. We are a way of life.
We are the Super G!
At Super G, the Sous Chef is the figure in support of the Chef and Executive Chef Andrea Berton. The candidate will be responsible for assisting the Chef in planning, organizing and managing the kitchen department.
The Sous Chef is a reference person for the brigade, he/she has the task of forming his/her own team. The Super G also offers each employee the opportunity to undertake
- comply with guidelines and all service standards;
- always maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance in line with the style of the Super G;
- stick to the working uniform;
- respect managers, their decisions and directives;
- planning and management of preparations in the kitchen;
- ability to replace the Chef in moments of absence;
- maintaining order and discipline in the kitchen;
- problem solving;
- planning of the brigade's work shifts;
- training skills towards the Commis and Head of the match;
- monitoring of sanitation procedures to ensure that staff comply with standards and regulations;
- check the quality of food, raw and cooked, to ensure that standards are met;
- work alongside the Chef in creating menus, respecting the company's policies and vision;
- support for the maintenance of the kitchen and of the equipment;
- inventory management on a regular basis during the season;
- based on the assigned shifts, he/she will have to help the Super G operations team during the loading / unloading of goods (morning and evening).
- ability to relate to colleagues and collaborators;
- work both in groups and individually to pursue the common goal;
- abide by the company organization chart and internal hierarchies;
- be respectful towards the decisions and directives of the Direction;
- strong listening skills;
- knowing how to adapt to a dynamic, smart and collaborative environment;
- be autonomous in the performance of duties;
- have passion, determination and ambition;
- problem solving skills;
- work in the mountains at high altitude (1700 meters);
- have a courteous and discreet attitude.
- at least 2 years of experience in the required role;
- knowledge of current regulations regarding conservation, processing, environmental cleaning and personal hygiene;
- good knowledge of the Office package;
- accommodation in the town with cleaning / linen change service once a week;
- meals during work shifts;
- Super G uniform (down jacket, sleeveless if necessary, sweatshirt, t-shirt);
- seasonal cable car (two ascents / two descents) usable from Courmayeur center or Ovetti Dolonne to Plan Checrouit;
- possibility of taking HACCP and Safety at work courses in the facility before the start of the season.
Seasonal contract from November to March: the type of contract appropriate for the employee will be defined based on work experience, age and other variables.
Why work with us
The Super G - Italian Mountain Club offers a competitive salary and strong professional development opportunities. We have undertaken a new project together with our partners and sponsors: the Super Academy. This is a training course for all our operational staff, during which detailed training sessions will be organized with specific topics in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Management sectors. By joining the Super Team you will have the opportunity to work in a unique, stimulating, dynamic, young and smart environment that values its employees and is committed to them every day.