barman / barlady.
food&beverage • Courmayeur, Italy • december 2022 - march 2023
Who we are
The Super G of Courmayeur is the first Italian Mountain Club in the Italian Alps, where haute cuisine, shows and entertainment come together to create and transmit unique and inimitable sensations.
It is the most awaited for après-ski of the winter season, the daylight entertainment par excellence, the restaurant on the slopes with an exceptional gastronomic offer signed by the starred Chef Andrea Berton, a boutique hotel with 8 rooms and a wellness and gym area for lovers of relaxation at high altitude.
All this at 1700 meters, at the foot of the “Bel Gigante”, Beautiful Giant: the Mont Blanc.
We are the stage of the Italian Alps. We are a way of life.
We are the Super G!
The Super G Barman is responsible for the preparation of alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks, cocktails and cafes in all the Food & Beverage outlets of the facility (restaurant, bar, après-ski). He/She must offer each customer an exclusive, high quality and unforgettable service in line with the style of the Super G. According to the assigned shifts, he/she will have to help the Super G operational team during the loading / unloading of goods (morning and evening). The Super G also offers each employee the opportunity to undertake a path of professional growth, through a constant process of accountability and training.
- comply with guidelines and all service standards;
- perform work according to the procedures of the HACCP system;
- always maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance in line with the style of the Super G;
- stick to the working uniform;
- respect managers, their decisions and directives;
- interact professionally with all colleagues;
- know the Food & Beverage offer of each outlet in the facility;
- knowledge of the Drink List and processing methods;
- keep the bar tidy and clean;
- promptly check that the consumable resources necessary for each service is available;
- constant control of the beverage warehouse and refrigerators;
- notify the Food&Beverage Manager of the lack of references / products, so as to be able to arrange the order;
- arrange the bottles, glasses and all the materials in an orderly way to be able to work in the optimal way;
- always be ready and attentive during the time of the sale;
- serve every Super G customer in a friendly and professional way;
- keep a positive attitude.
- ability to relate to colleagues and collaborators;
- work both in groups and individually to pursue the common goal;
- abide by the company organization chart and internal hierarchies;
- be respectful towards the decisions and directives of manager;
- strong listening skills;
- knowing how to adapt to a dynamic, smart and collaborative environment;
- be autonomous in the performance of duties;
- have passion, determination and ambition;
- problem solving skills;
- work in the mountains at high altitude (1700 meters);
- have a courteous and discreet attitude.
- fluency in English;
- experience in the hospitality and catering sector;
- knowledge of the preparation of alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks, cocktails and coffee;
- preparation for sales and customer engagement;
- be multitasking and manage many requests from customers simultaneously and efficiently.
- accommodation in the town with cleaning / linen change service once a week;
- meals during work shifts;
- Super G uniform (down jacket, sleeveless if necessary, sweatshirt, t-shirt);
- seasonal cable car (two ascents / two descents) usable from Courmayeur center or Ovetti Dolonne to Plan Checrouit;
- possibility of taking HACCP and Safety at work courses in the facility before the start of the season.
Seasonal contract from December to March: the type of contract appropriate for the employee will be defined based on work experience, age and other variables.
Why work with us
The Super G - Italian Mountain Club offers a competitive salary and strong professional development opportunities. We have undertaken a new project together with our partners and sponsors: the Super Academy. This is a training course for all our operational staff, during which detailed training sessions will be organized with specific topics in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Management sectors. By joining the Super Team you will have the opportunity to work in a unique, stimulating, dynamic, young and smart environment that values its employees and is committed to them every day.