chef de rang.
food&beverage • Courmayeur, Italy • december 2022 - march 2023
Who we are
The Super G of Courmayeur is the first Italian Mountain Club in the Italian Alps, where haute cuisine, shows and entertainment come together to create and transmit unique and inimitable sensations.
It is the most awaited for après-ski of the winter season, the daylight entertainment par excellence, the restaurant on the slopes with an exceptional gastronomic offer signed by the starred Chef Andrea Berton, a boutique hotel with 8 rooms and a wellness and gym area for lovers of relaxation at high altitude.
All this at 1700 meters, at the foot of the “Bel Gigante”, Beautiful Giant: the Mont Blanc.
We are the stage of the Italian Alps. We are a way of life.
We are the Super G!
The role of the Chef de Rang is the reference point for every Super G customer, he/she has the task of making them live a unique experience. He/she has the responsibility to offer an exclusive and high quality service in all the outlets of the structure (restaurant, bar and après-ski) and to increase the related sales performance. Based on the assigned shifts, he/she will have to help the Super G operations team during the loading / unloading of goods (morning and evening).
The Super G also offers each employee the opportunity to undertake a path of professional growth, through a constant process of accountability and training.
- comply with guidelines and all service standards;
- perform work according to the procedures of the HACCP system;
- always maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance in line with the style of the Super G;
- stick to the working uniform;
- respect managers, their decisions and directives;
- interact professionally with all colleagues;
- know the Food & Beverage offer of each outlet in the facility;
- memorize the arrangement and numbering of the tables in the entire room;
- have the ability to understand the customer's needs and satisfy them immediately;
- welcome guests with a smile, enthusiasm and in a cordial way;
- maintain a positive attitude towards guests and their needs;
- manage your own rank (section of the room) and do not leave it without first having dealt with the F&B Service Manager;
- work closely with the chef and the kitchen brigade;
- manage all the Food&Beverage Runner and supervise their before, during and after the service;
- set up of the room and mise en place preparation;
- responsible for keeping the Food & Beverage areas clean and tidy.
- ability to relate to colleagues and collaborators;
- work both in groups and individually to pursue the common goal;
- abide by the company organization chart and internal hierarchies;
- be respectful towards the decisions and directives of manager;
- strong listening skills;
- knowing how to adapt to a dynamic, smart and collaborative environment;
- be autonomous in the performance of duties;
- have passion, determination and ambition;
- problem solving skills;
- work in the mountains at high altitude (1700 meters);
- have a courteous and discreet attitude.
- fluency in English;
- experience in the hospitality and catering sector;
- attitude for sales and customer engagement;
- excellent knowledge of food, its properties and related allergens;
- have skills on wine and its characteristics;
- basic knowledge of Cocktail and mixology.
- accommodation in the town with cleaning / linen change service once a week;
- meals during work shifts;
- Super G uniform (down jacket, sleeveless if necessary, sweatshirt, t-shirt);
- seasonal cable car (two ascents / two descents) usable from Courmayeur center or Ovetti Dolonne to Plan Checrouit;
- possibility of taking HACCP and Safety at work courses in the facility before the start of the season.
Seasonal contract from December to March: the type of contract appropriate for the employee will be defined based on work experience, age and other variables.
Why work with us
The Super G - Italian Mountain Club offers a competitive salary and strong professional development opportunities. We have undertaken a new project together with our partners and sponsors: the Super Academy. This is a training course for all our operational staff, during which detailed training sessions will be organized with specific topics in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Management sectors. By joining the Super Team you will have the opportunity to work in a unique, stimulating, dynamic, young and smart environment that values its employees and is committed to them every day.