kitchen • Courmayeur, Italy • november 2022 - march 2023
Who we are
The Super G of Courmayeur is the first Italian Mountain Club in the Italian Alps, where haute cuisine, shows and entertainment come together to create and transmit unique and inimitable sensations.
It is the most awaited for après-ski of the winter season, the daylight entertainment par excellence, the restaurant on the slopes with an exceptional gastronomic offer signed by the starred Chef Andrea Berton, a boutique hotel with 8 rooms and a wellness and gym area for lovers of relaxation at high altitude.
All this at 1700 meters, at the foot of the “Bel Gigante”, Beautiful Giant: the Mont Blanc.
We are the stage of the Italian Alps. We are a way of life.
We are the Super G!
The work of the Pastry Chef is strongly based on the technique, which must be known and mastered to ensure the perfect success of each recipe and for the functional management of the pastry laboratory. He/she is responsible for the daily preparation of his/her own line, manages the service and all the raw materials related to his/her own preparations. Based on the assigned shifts, he/she will have to help the Super G operations team during the loading / unloading of goods (morning and evening). The Super G also offers each employee the opportunity to undertake a path of professional growth, through a constant process of accountability and training.
- comply with guidelines and all service standards;
- perform work according to the procedures of the HACCP system;
- always maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance in line with the style of the Super G;
- stick to the working uniform;
- respect managers, their decisions and directives;
- manage the mise en place of their line in complete autonomy
- organize and manage the refrigerators of the line and the storage of the processes related to their lot according to the Chef's guide;
- responsibility for cleaning and the order of their lot;
- carry out additional activities if requested by the Chef;
- support for the maintenance of the kitchen, of the equipment and inventory when necessary.
- ability to relate to colleagues and collaborators;
- work both in groups and individually to pursue the common goal;
- abide by the company organization chart and internal hierarchies;
- be respectful towards the decisions and directives of the Direction;
- strong listening skills;
- knowing how to adapt to a dynamic, smart and collaborative environment;
- be autonomous in the performance of duties;
- have passion, determination and ambition;
- problem solving skills;
- work in the mountains at high altitude (1700 meters);
- have a courteous and discreet attitude.
- at least 2 years of experience in the required role;
- ability to use kitchen machinery;
- knowledge of food preservation techniques;
- basic knowledge of the world of ice cream and leavened products;
- knowledge of current regulations regarding conservation, processing, environmental cleaning and personal hygiene;
- knowledge of the main safety regulations;
- accommodation in the town with cleaning / linen change service once a week;
- meals during work shifts;
- Super G uniform (down jacket, sleeveless if necessary, sweatshirt, t-shirt);
- seasonal cable car (two ascents / two descents) usable from Courmayeur center or Ovetti Dolonne to Plan Checrouit;
- possibility of taking HACCP and Safety at work courses in the facility before the start of the season.
Seasonal contract from November to March: the type of contract appropriate for the employee will be defined based on work experience, age and other variables.
Why work with us
The Super G - Italian Mountain Club offers a competitive salary and strong professional development opportunities. We have undertaken a new project together with our partners and sponsors: the Super Academy. This is a training course for all our operational staff, during which detailed training sessions will be organized with specific topics in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Management sectors. By joining the Super Team you will have the opportunity to work in a unique, stimulating, dynamic, young and smart environment that values its employees and is committed to them every day.