commis de cuisine.
kitchen • Courmayeur, Italy • november 2022 - march 2023
Who we are
The Super G of Courmayeur is the first Italian Mountain Club in the Italian Alps, where haute cuisine, shows and entertainment come together to create and transmit unique and inimitable sensations.
It is the most awaited for après-ski of the winter season, the daylight entertainment par excellence, the restaurant on the slopes with an exceptional gastronomic offer signed by the starred Chef Andrea Berton, a boutique hotel with 8 rooms and a wellness and gym area for lovers of relaxation at high altitude.
All this at 1700 meters, at the foot of the “Bel Gigante”, Beautiful Giant: the Mont Blanc.
We are the stage of the Italian Alps. We are a way of life.
We are the Super G!
At the Super G the Commis de Cuisine can perform various tasks, related to the different Food outlets of the structure. He/She has the task of assisting and supporting the entire kitchen brigade in all the activities and objectives that need to be achieved. He/She must be flexible, young and with a strong spirit of adaptation. He/She will have the opportunity to grow and be trained by professionals. Based on the assigned shifts, he/she will have to help the Super G operations team during the loading / unloading of goods (morning and evening). The Super G also offers each employee the opportunity to undertake a path of professional growth, through a constant process of accountability and training.
- comply with guidelines and all service standards;
- perform work according to the procedures of the HACCP system;
- always maintain a professional and well-groomed appearance in line with the style of the Super G;
- stick to the working uniform;
- respect managers, their decisions and directives;
- know the raw material related to the mise en place of basic preparations;
- knowledge of the entire Food offer of the facility;
- support the Chef, the Sous Chef and the Station Chef in all the required activities;
- assist in the cleaning, hygiene and organization of refrigerators, storage and cooking;
- be available to fill another role in case of need, first discussing with the Chef;
- support for the maintenance of the kitchen;
- inventory management on a regular basis during the season.
- ability to relate to colleagues and collaborators;
- work both in groups and individually to pursue the common goal;
- abide by the company organization chart and internal hierarchies;
- be respectful towards the decisions and directives of the Direction;
- strong listening skills;
- knowing how to adapt to a dynamic, smart and collaborative environment;
- be autonomous in the performance of duties;
- have passion, determination and ambition;
- problem solving skills;
- work in the mountains at high altitude (1700 meters);
- have a courteous and discreet attitude.
- at least 1 year of experience in the required role;
- ability to use kitchen machinery;
- knowledge of food preservation techniques;
- knowledge of current regulations regarding conservation, processing, environmental cleaning and personal hygiene;
- knowledge of the main safety regulations.
- accommodation in the town with cleaning / linen change service once a week;
- meals during work shifts;
- Super G uniform (down jacket, sleeveless if necessary, sweatshirt, t-shirt);
- seasonal cable car (two ascents / two descents) usable from Courmayeur center or Ovetti Dolonne to Plan Checrouit;
- possibility of taking HACCP and Safety at work courses in the facility before the start of the season.
Seasonal contract from November to March: the type of contract appropriate for the employee will be defined based on work experience, age and other variables.
Why work with us
The Super G - Italian Mountain Club offers a competitive salary and strong professional development opportunities. We have undertaken a new project together with our partners and sponsors: the Super Academy. This is a training course for all our operational staff, during which detailed training sessions will be organized with specific topics in the Hospitality, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Management sectors. By joining the Super Team you will have the opportunity to work in a unique, stimulating, dynamic, young and smart environment that values its employees and is committed to them every day.